Something To Celebrate: The Work That Isn't Paying Yet
Background photo by Peter Olexa (@deeezycom)
None of this pays me yet. I keep doing it anyway — a little at a time, showing up for something that hasn't returned anything tangible in exchange. That's the thing I'm sitting with this week.
There's something worth noticing in the gap between doing the work and being paid for the work. Most things that end up meaning something lived in that gap for a while. I don't think the unpaid season is a mistake or a detour — I think it might just be what building actually looks like from the inside, before anyone else can see the shape of it. Faithfulness to a thing you can't fully prove yet is its own kind of quiet discipline. And I've started to think that's worth celebrating, even when — maybe especially when — there's no check in the mail to confirm you were right.
Whenever something like this happens, my instinct is always the same — find a little something to mark it.
Comments
Post a Comment