Something To Celebrate: Remembering Why You Like the Work
Background photo by Estée Janssens (@drinkingteawithme)
Somewhere between fixing a broken token refresh and redesigning a graphic template, something quiet clicked. I wasn't thinking about productivity or output — I was just in it, turning a problem over until it made sense. And then I noticed: I actually like this. Not in a forced, talk-yourself-into-it way. Just genuinely.
It's easy to lose track of that in the middle of a full week. The work becomes the list, and the list becomes the pressure, and somewhere in there the thing you originally liked about the work gets buried under the weight of just getting it done. But every once in a while a problem pulls you back in — really in — and you remember that the reason you started doing this kind of thing wasn't arbitrary. That's worth sitting with for a second. That's something to celebrate.
Whenever something like this happens, my instinct is always the same — find a little something to mark it.
Comments
Post a Comment