Something To Celebrate: The Work You Choose at Midnight

The Work You Choose at Midnight

Background photo by Swapnil Bapat (@icedkopi.eth)

This week I've been teaching myself how to build automation for my own shop. Not for a client, not because someone put it on my to-do list — just me, at 6am or midnight, figuring it out because I genuinely want to know how it works.

There's something worth noticing in that. So much of what we do gets measured by whether it was assigned, whether it was efficient, whether it moved a needle someone else set. But the things we reach for in the quiet hours — before the day starts or after it ends — those point to something real. I think that's worth paying attention to. The fact that I'm choosing this, that it doesn't feel like work even when it's hard, tells me more about where I'm supposed to be than most spreadsheets ever have.


Whenever something like this happens, my instinct is always the same — find a little something to mark it.

Take a look at ArtInScienceDesigns.Etsy.com

Comments