What's For Dinner: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
What's For Dinner: Roasted Sweet Potatoes
August always feels like that last, warm, lingering breath of summer before the brisk whispers of autumn start to stir. It's a time when I find myself craving meals that are comforting but don't demand too much fuss, something that feels grounding as the days slightly shorten and routines begin to shift. For me, that often means roasted sweet potatoes. I've always found a peculiar solace in the simplicity of roasting vegetables. There's something quite beautiful about how heat can coax out such rich flavors from humble ingredients. It’s a bit like life, isn’t it? The everyday, when given just the right bit of warmth and patience, can yield such sweetness and nourishment. These golden chunks, soft on the inside with those lovely crisped edges, are a testament to that. They're not flashy, but they're deeply satisfying, a quiet promise of goodness on a plate. Here's how I like to make them – it's barely a recipe, more of a loose suggestion for finding a little comfort.
Ingredients
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground, if you have it)
- A pinch of paprika or cinnamon, if I'm feeling fancy (but often, I don't bother)
Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). This gives it a good head start.
- Wash your sweet potatoes well. I usually don't peel them; I like the rustic feel and the extra fiber. Chop them into roughly 1-inch cubes. Try to keep them fairly uniform so they cook evenly.
- Toss the sweet potato cubes into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you might be adding. Use your hands to make sure every piece is lightly coated.
- Spread the seasoned sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Don't crowd them, or they'll steam instead of roast. If you have too many, use two sheets.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, giving them a gentle stir or a flip halfway through. You're looking for them to be tender when pierced with a fork and beautifully caramelized around the edges.
- Once they're done, pull them out and let them cool for just a moment before serving. They're wonderful on their own, or as a side to almost anything.
Looking for the perfect gift (or a treat for yourself)?
Check out our unique table runners, oven mitts, and other home decor in the ArtInScienceDesigns Etsy shop. Perfect for holiday gatherings or cozy nights in!
AND... Follow Me on CF
#recipes #fordinner #simple #lifestyle #etsy #7propertiesga #artinsciencedesigns #homedecor #kitchendecor #thanksgiving
Comments
Post a Comment